Valid or recently expired UAE residency visa stuck outside UAE can apply for entry permit, ICA clarify

Entry permit and visa policies

The visa and permit system works according to rules and regulations set by Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICA) and its affiliated Directorates of Residency and Foreigners Affairs in each emirate.

See the source image
photo courtesy

‘Tawajudi for residents’ online service to help UAE residents stranded abroad

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation introduced a new service on its website: ‘Tawajudi for residents‘.

The new service is intended for residents with valid residencies and who are outside the country. This service aims to facilitate their safe return to the UAE in emergency situations.
The Twajudi service for residents allows individuals to request for approval to return as and when flights resume operations. 

Residents who are currently abroad can register for this service through MoFAIC’s website, thus facilitating communication with them in case of emergency.

The Twajudi website advises applicants to not book any travel tickets unless the application has been approved and they receive an approval number.

The service can be accessed through the main page of the Ministry’s website, under Individuals Services, then click on ‘Tawajudi for residents‘.

Anyone holding a valid or recently expired UAE residency visa can apply for an entry permit on the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICA) website and the government will facilitate their return from June 1, an official from the ICA clarified.

News that residents – who are stranded because of coronavirus flight suspensions – could begin to return from June 1 broke on Monday evening but confusion surrounded who could apply particularly as those who need to reunite with families seemed to be mentioned. However, an official has now clarified that this extends to individuals as well.

It has also been clarified that people can enter the UAE from any of its entry points and land borders once they have obtained the entry permits from the local authorities.

Those stranded and looking to return to the UAE after June can register via: to obtain the entry permit.

See the source image

You will be required to enter your Emirates ID number, passport number, nationality, date of birth, mobile number and date of birth. 

You will also be asked to provide the reason you went outside the UAE (Education, family visit, medical treatment, tourism, work or other) as well as tentative details of your return.

Upload documents:
You then need to upload scanned copies of the following documents:
1. Coloured photo
2. UAE residence visa copy
3. Passport copy
4. Proof for the visit reason outside UAE. The proof can be a letter from the work company, medial organization or the flight tickets in case the reason is tourism. 
5. Ticket to the UAE (optional)

The file should be in a JPEG or PDF format and no bigger that 2mb in size.
You will then receive a draft number, which you can use to restart your application if it gets stuck due to any technical errors. 

No fees to submit the application.

Review application and submit
Once you complete the application form successfully, you will receive a tracking number visa email. 

You will then need to wait for your application to be approved.

When can I fly back to the UAE?
Emirates and Etihad airlines are operating limited one-way flights aimed at helping UAE residents return. However, you are advised to book your tickets only after you receive an approval from MOFAIC.

How to renew visit Visa in Dubai.

1.Visit the DNRF Office

Visit the Department of Naturalization & Residency and pay 500Dhs if you want to renew Dubai visit visa but doesn’t want to leave UAE.

2.Visa Run

You can leave and return to UAE by booking a Visa Run at DUBAI,SHARJAH or GCC countries or even Kish Island.

3. Visa Flight

It will cost you 500 for the flight excluding visa charges. Once you have landed, enter the departure terminal at the airport. You do not need to exit the airport, just take a flight to UAE. After the flight you can go to Dubai airport and get a new visa valid for 30 or 60 days.

Visa-free entry

Citizens of GCC countries do not require a visa or permit or to be sponsored by a national or resident in the UAE. They need to produce their GCC country passport or national ID card at the point of entry into the UAE.

Visa on arrival

30-day visa on arrival

Citizens of these countries do not require advance visa arrangements to enter the UAE and can obtain a visa upon arrival for 30 days with a 10-day grace period for extension.

90-day visa on arrival

Citizens of these countries do not require advance visa arrangements to enter the UAE and can obtain a visa upon arrival for 90 days:

Illegal to work on a visit or tourist visa

Visitors and tourists should be aware that it is illegal to work in the UAE with or without pay while being on a visit or tourist visa. According to the UAE’s labour and residency laws, a person cannot work if he has not been issued a work permit and an employment visa. Violators may be liable to fines and deportation.

Holders of valid residence permits overseas and their family members and first-degree relatives in the UAE can call the helpline on 0097124965228 or 0097192083344 for enquiries and assistance for humanitarian and emergency cases to ensure their safe return to the UAE. Social media channels: MOFAICUAE.
Toll free from UAE: 80044444

Identity and Citizenship Authority Call Centre numbers:
+971600522222, +97123128867, +97123128865

The visa rules are subject to change. The details on this page are just an overview of the general requirements for visas. You are advised to check with the UAE embassies and consulates abroad and/or contact the UAE’s Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship– ICA.

Leave a Comment

Facebook Comments